Validating with Relax NG for RuleML 1.02
- Open the Validator.nu webpage in your browser.
- Choose how you want to enter the instance:
- Address -- type or paste a URL into the adjacent text field;
- File Upload -- use the browse dialog to locate the file on your local hard drive or network;
- Text Field -- type or paste text directly into the text area.
- Leave the Encoding field at the default value, unless there is a discrepancy between the server/page setting and the actual content.
- Type or paste a URL to the schema you wish to validate against. Only schemas publically available from the Web can be used. For example,
- the URL http://consumer.ruleml.org/1.02/relaxng/drivers/consumer-relaxed.rnc may be used to validate all Consumer RuleML 1.02 instances.
- the URL http://deliberation.ruleml.org/1.02/relaxng/schema_rnc.php may be used to validate all Deliberation RuleML 1.02 instances.
- Keep the Preset Field at "None".
- Select, in the Parser field, "XML; don't load external entities" if your instance document does not use external entities (the typical case), otherwise select "XML; load external entities"
- Skip the rest of the fields for now - these may become useful as you gain familiarity with the tool.
- Click Validate.
- The result will appear below.
An online demo of validation using the RuleML Relax NG schemas with Validator.nu, including more advanced options, is available at the Demo section of the MYNG Wiki. Other tools that may be used for validation against Relax NG schemas are described in the Tools section of the MYNG Wiki.