Validating with NVDL for RuleML 1.02
- Open the Validator.nu webpage in your browser.
- Choose how you want to enter the instance:
- Address -- type or paste a URL into the adjacent text field, e.g. http://consumer.ruleml.org/1.02/exa/fipa/fipa-acl-example.xml;
- File Upload -- use the browse dialog to locate the file on your local hard drive or network;
- Text Field -- type or paste text directly into the text area.
- Skip the Encoding field
- Type or paste a URL to the schema you wish to validate against. Only schemas available from the internet can be used. For example,
- the URL http://consumer.ruleml.org/1.02/nvdl/fipa-consumer-ruleml.nvdl may be used to validate Consumer RuleML 1.02 instances that employ the FIPA ACL XML envelope.
- the URL http://consumer.ruleml.org/1.02/nvdl/soap-consumer-ruleml.nvdl may be used to validate Consumer RuleML 1.02 instances that employ the SOAP XML envelope.
- Skip the rest of the fields, and click Validate.
- The result will appear below, followed by a copy of the instance source.
To go straight to the validation results click here.
Note that Validator.nu depends on instances and schemas being served with the correct MIME type. In this case, the RuleML server is configured (using .htaccess) to serve files with extension
An online demo of validation using the RuleML schemas with Validator.nu, including more advanced options, is available at the Demo section of the MYNG Wiki. Other tools that may be used for validation against NVDL schemas are described in the Tools section of the MYNG Wiki.