- Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Computer Science
- University of New Brunswick (UNB)
- Chair, RuleML
- Fredericton, NB, Canada
- Email: first dot last at ruleml dot org
- The 8th International Web Rule Symposium (RuleML 2014), August 18–20, 2014, will be co-located with the ECAI-2014 conference, August 18–22, 2014, in Prague, Czech Republic
- The Many Uses of Rules in Ontology-Based Data Access presented, e.g., at Department of Informatics Colloquium, April 10, 2014, University of Zurich, Switzerland, and Kolloquium Informatik / Semantic Web Meetup, July 4, 2014, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Presentation A Translator Framework for the Interoperation of Graph plus Relational Data and Rules on the Web at 5th Atlantic Workshop on Semantics and Services AWoSS 2014 - Semantics and Big Data, February 24, 2014, Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
- The Ontolog Miniseries about RulesReasoningLP on January 9, 2014 includes session R3. Rule Standards: Common Logic, RuleML, and RIF
- The Loan Processor Suite was implemented to visualize Datalog RuleML decision rules in Grailog 1.0/SVG; this LP Suite and Grailog 1.0 were presented at Decision (boot) CAMP 2013, November 4-6, 2013
- The Graph inscribed logic was presented as From Data to Knowledge through Grailog Visualization at the ISO 15926 and Semantic Technologies 2013 Conference
- The online PSOATransRun implementation of PSOA RuleML translates its RIF-like presentation syntax to TPTP, which is then run in VampirePrime; for PSOA RuleML's Horn-like sublanguage, GenZou and I plan to also target Prolog engines
I have been researching and developing as well as teaching semantic technologies, from ontology and rule visualization (e.g., Grailog generalized graphs for logic), to formalization (e.g., PSOA object-relational semantics), to implementation (e.g., OO jDREW reasoning engine), to integration (e.g., Rule Responder multi-agent framework), to application (e.g., SymposiumPlanner distributed query system).
I am co-founder and co-chair of the open non-profit RuleML Inc. organization. I was co-editor of the W3C Rule Interchange Format Working Group (RIF Recommendations) and am advising the OASIS LegalRuleML Technical Committee (main TC page). I started the Grailog Initiative to systematically combine generalized graph constructs for visual data & knowledge representation ranging from (binary and n-ary) relational logic to Horn logic, description logic, (PSOA RuleML-generalized) object/frame logic, higher-order logic, and modal logic.