User interfaces, particularly editors, for RuleML are described here.
- LIME: Editor for language-independent markup, with a demo for legal texts in LegalRuleML, called RAWE.
- Schema-aware XML editors are useful for authoring RuleML, especially:
- oXygen XML, featuring Relax NG, NVDL and XSLT support for schema-aware authoring based on the RuleML Relax NG schemas (XSD validation also available, but not recommended for direct authoring due to limitations of the XSD schema language in expressing the RuleML syntax options.)
- XMLSpy, featuring support for the RuleML XSD schemas and XSLT transformations.
- From Introducing RuleML
- S2REd: Syntactic-Semantic RuleML Editor
- From http://ruleml.org#Interfaces
- RuleML Participant Jens Dietrich's Oryx (version 2.1) has a graphical Knowledge Editor for business rules and a Repository that contains the description of predicates, functions, and database connections. "Oryx works with open XML based formats, support for the emerging RuleML standard and the open source Mandarax XKB 1.0 format is included." (http://www.jbdietrich.com).
- Mandarax: First RuleML Editor
2005-12-13: A team led by Nick Bassiliades and Grigoris Antoniou has released VDR-Device (version 0.27). VDR-Device is a visual environment for developing defeasible logic rule bases for the Semantic Web. VDR-Device integrates a graphical RuleML-compliant rule editor and a defeasible reasoning system that processes RDF data and RDF Schema ontologies. The rule editor constrains the allowed vocabulary after analyzing the input RDF Schema ontologies, preventing potential syntactic and semantic errors. The reasoning system supports all defeasible logic rule types, priorities among rules, two types of negation and conflicting literals.
2006-04-28: A Java Web Start application called TRANSLATOR has been developed by David Hirtle for translating from Attempto Controlled English to RuleML. The reverse direction, RuleML to English, is a planned extension.
2009-12-08: S2REd is a syntactic+semantic text-based RuleML editor. It is a full-fledged textual XML editor that features: syntax highlighting, spell checking, brace matching, code-block coloring, pretty-printing, well-formedness and validation checking. Nevertheless, S2REd is more than an XML editor: it's a tool totally dedicated to RuleML authoring, offering domain-specific semantically enabled functionality. Developed by Thetida Zetta, Efstratios Kontopoulos, and Nick Bassiliades. Project URL: S2REd
2011-03-21: S2REd, the syntactic+semantic RuleML editor developed by Thetida Zetta, Efstratios Kontopoulos, and Nick Bassiliades at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, has been upgraded to provide support for RuleML 1.0.
3 Usage of this Page as a Template